Attendee Code of Conduct
Last Updated: March 9, 2022
GENERAL STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
All attendees, guests, sponsors, volunteers, and staff at the event are required to agree with this code of conduct to ensure a safe environment for all participants. We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free event for everyone, regardless of age, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, body size, ethnicity, religion or lack thereof, or technology choices. What is acceptable for you might be uncomfortable for others. In short, treat everyone with kindness and respect. Anyone violating these rules may be asked to leave the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.
PRIORITY POLICY – STATE/COUNTY/CITY COVID-19 MANDATES
OffKai Expo falls under the following state and federal mandates regarding large public gatherings and requirements concerning COVID-19 precautions. These requirements will be enforced at the event unless and until remanded by the issuing authorities.
For large indoor events:
- attendees must wear masks at all times in convention space; and
- attendees must have proof of vaccination or proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test with matching government-issued photo identification with the name on the proof.
Wristbands will be applied to participants after screening to confirm (2) above. You must display this wristband at all times in the event space. If you lose or remove your wristband, you will need to return to the screening area for rescreening and to receive a new one.
RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY NOTICE
While at the event you may be in areas where photography, audio, or video recordings may occur. These recordings may be broadcast to streamers to provide them with live audience feedback and participation or generally posted to our website and social media accounts. By entering the event you give us your general consent to use photos or recordings taken at the event for these purposes.
All federal. state, and local laws apply to our event. We ask that you use common sense. If it is illegal to do it in public, it is not allowed at our event.
- Display your badge at all times and comply with any requests to show your badge by volunteers or staff. If your badge is lost, proceed to Registration or Con Operations to obtain a replacement.
- Anyone attending on a Child badge must have a guardian or caretaker with them at all times.
- Badges are non-transferable and may be revoked at any time by staff or security.
- Obey posted signs, including limitations on filming or photography.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted in event spaces. If you are visibly intoxicated in event spaces, you will be asked to leave. Alcohol is permitted in private spaces (i.e., hotel rooms).
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted in event spaces, within the hotel, or within 25 feet of any entrance.
- You may not tamper with, adjust, move, or otherwise interact with furniture or fixtures in the hotel. You may not affix items to hotel walls. Please promptly report any damage to event staff.
- Please limit advertisements to designated areas or tables
- The hotel is pet friendly, but pets are not allowed in event space. Service animals are allowed as permitted by law.
- You may not fly drones in convention space without prior written permission of the event.
- Cosplay is not consent. Consent may be revoked at any time. Please ask all cosplayers for their permission before photographing or touching. Stalking, intimidation, unwelcome physical contact, and any behavior that threatens any event participant’s sense of safety and personal space are prohibited.
- Cosplay weapons must be visibly peace bound at all times. Please proceed to ConOps to have weapons inspected and peace bonded.
- Convention space is considered a public area, and public decency rules apply to all attire, including cosplay. Please wear at least shoes, shorts, and a shirt (or their coverage equivalent) while in public areas.
OffKai Expo has a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind. “No” means no. “Stop” means stop. “Go away” means go away. If someone won’t understand these simple rules, please contact convention operations.
Harassment is any behavior that intentionally annoys, or alarms another person. This includes unwanted contact, following someone in a public area without a legitimate reason, or threatening physical violence. It may also include conduct, attire, speech, or other behavior that intended to cause distress to other attendees or members of protected classes (such as those based on race, age, religon, national origin, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. Unintentional or misinterpreted behaviors may also be harassment, as is inappropriate photography of minors or individuals without their consent. Verbal or physical disruption of sanctioned and scheduled events constitutes harassment under our policies.
Anyone breaking our anti-harassment policy face losing their badge and the matter may be referred to the proper law enforcement authorities.
If you experience any sort of harassment at our event, please report it immediately. The back of your badge has information on how to get help or report harassment, as well as other emergency contact information. You may also report any harassment directly to convention staff. Reporting harassment after the event makes it much more difficult, if not impossible, to address and resolve.
OffKai Expo takes the safety of everyone at our events very seriously. If you have any security concerns, or are feeling harassed by anyone at the event, please reach out via the contact information on the back of your badge so that we can help.
As a VTuber-centered convention, we believe a VTuber’s right to privacy is paramount. OffKai Expo may revoke badges and/or eject from the convention any individuals endangering the privacy of any other participant. Actions include, but are not limited to:
- attempting to gain access to private details of a VTuber without their consent;
- spreading, discussing, questioning, and making threats concerning private details of a VTuber within a public space; and
- any and all actions that could be read as doxxing.
While gossip and speculation is tempting, we ask that all participants at OffKai – including attendees, staff, volunteers, and guests – refrain from discussing the private details of a VTuber in public and/or in presentations. This includes, but is not limited to speculating about or discussing:
- personally identifiable information and private life details, such as legal names, gender identity, age, addresses, places of work, sexual orientation, relationship/marital status, etc.;
- unconfirmed connections between a VTuber and their past, such as past VTuber work; and
- making jokes or implications that hint at a connection between a VTuber and private information.
Generally, please remember to be mindful of the privacy of all individuals. The final decision on what may be considered a breach of this policy is up to OffKai staff.
We ask that everyone play a part in making sure that privacy is respected and that VTubers feel safe to participate in conventions in the future!
Attendance of the event is at your own risk. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OffKai Expo, the hotel, and the volunteers and staff of either from any claims or losses arising out of the event. Any liability is expressly limited to the cost of your membership.
OffKai Expo reserves the right to modify the Code of Conduct at any time without notice.